Meeting - 21 February 2008, Adelaide
South Australian Premier Mike Rann (right) welcomes
Canadian Premiers to Adelaide
Prior to its regular CAF meeting, Council members met with a delegation from Canadian provinces to discuss issues of priority in Canadian and Australian states, provinces and territories.
Australian-Canadian Premiers' meeting
- Climate change
- Productivity and Innovation
- Federalism in the 21st century
Australian and Canadian delegates agreed to share information and best practice case studies on a range of issues, including clean technologies and climate change adaptation strategies, business productivity and innovation and health care.
Premier John Brumby (right) accepts the Interim
Report of the Garnaut Climate Change Review from
Professor Ross Garnaut
- Garnaut Climate Change Review – interim findings
- Draft principles for urban water planning
- Harmonisation of registration and licensing
- Harmonisation of travel concessions for seniors
- COAG Working Group structure
- Improvements to vehicle safety
- East Timor
Premiers and Chief Ministers committed to working with the Commonwealth Government to support Professor Garnaut's work. CAF also agreed to further investigate harmonisation of State and Territory approaches to driver licensing and registration schemes and senior travel concessions, and agreed on an improved approach to urban water planning and improved vehicle safety standards.
Download the CAF Communiqué, 21 February 2008, PDF (140 KB) Word (194 KB)