Meeting - 5 November 2009
- Climate change
- Health and Hospital Reform
- Taxation Reform
- FIFA World Cup
- agreed to an International Partnerships Program to strengthen ties with other sub national governments
- agreed to table a Statement of Commitment at the Climate Leaders Summit in Copenhagen later this year
- committed to pursue a process for national climate change policy, including to agree a list of priority areas for reform
- agreed to establish a CAF Adaptation Working Group to identify priority national actions and develop a shared understanding of roles and responsibilities between the three tiers of government
- collaborated with business leaders on opportunities for partnership, which will be further discussed at a CAF workshop on joint action in the areas canvassed.
Recognising the growing pressure on Australia's health system, First Ministers agreed to identify high priority areas in relation to health and hospital reform for discussion at the December Council of Australian Governments meeting.
Download the CAF Communiqué, 5 November 2009, PDF (103 KB) Word (187 KB).